Ensure glass is being examined in natural daylight (not in direct sunlight), cleaned and free from moisture. Inspect the glass inside a room, square on and a distance of 3m away (with a maximum viewing time of 60 seconds).
The secondary vision area is the outer 10% to 15% of the total daylight size and the rest is the primary area. Any scratches or bubbles visible in the primary vision area is a defect. For more detailed information, see the below link.
- The inside air temperature;
- The relative humidity of the inside air; and
- The surface temperature of the window or glass.
For further information of the cause and management of condensation please see the following links.
- Window and door frames – clean with warm water and soap or detergent and ensure drainage holes are clear.
- Glass – wipe over the surface with a few drops of methylated sprits on a damp cloth and then polish the surface with a lint-free cloth.
The Following care and maintenance links contain more detailed instructions and should be read before cleaning. These links are provided also with each invoice sent by Viewco.